Rooting cutting In a Controlled environment bench system using LED lights and fogging.
Experience to be reproduce in w48 with control in greenhouse in order to evaluate operation cost savings. Campanula to be added in trial week 43.
Start date: Week: W 39.4 ( 4 standing for Thursday)
Location: Insulated cooling chamber at Darvonda Greenhouse
Grower: Peter, head grower at Darvonda
Plant Crop: Begonia, Celosia, Fuchsia and Dahlia, Propagation from cuttings.
Newlux LED Type: Metro 8 + misting bars option and flood bench
Newlux Rep: van der Putten
- Photoperiod: 16 hours lights/6 hours dark.
- Misting: 1 min every 30 min, to be decrease after first roots appears. Plug should be hardened off starting week 2.
- Light level 120 umol for the first 10 days then full blast at 250 umol.
- Temperature recorded at 22-23°C with humidity from 70- 85 %.
- Trays used = 72 cell trays with paper pot
- Soil: Propagation mix rich in Peat Perlite in paper pot.
Initial Results: Impressive Rooting. Light levels that resemble late spring.