Tips for purchasing horticultural LED lighting
There is no doubt about it, buying quality Horticulture LED Lighting is hard. The market is literally flooded with fake websites, cheap imitations and confusing data.
- Choose a manufacturer that will provide you with true service after the sale. Stay away from deals that seem “to good to be true”.
- A good LED fixture produces heat. Heat will have a negative impact on the lifespan of an LED fixture. A fixture or bar that can dissipate this heat will last longer. Having to use an excessive number of fans to cool the fixture should be seen as a red flag.
- Many suppliers hide behind complex scientific terms and numbers to give the illusion that their products are better. Remember, if it can’t be put into simple words and looks to good to be true, it probably is.
- Avoid researching LED lighting on “ghost websites”. These are websites that are created directly by the manufacturer and disguised to look like a reputable review. These sites usually only feature 1 or 2 unfamiliar branded products with direct links to buy them on Amazon or other equivalent website. This internet is littered with these types of websites and makes it extremely difficult for consumers to get factual unbiased information. When researching lighting, it’s best to read reviews from well know magazines or publications.
- Don’t pay for LED lighting guides, reviews, or rankings of top manufacturers. Most of these are scams that cost a fortune and do not provide any reliable information.