Planning & Installation
Newlux’s design process is essential for achieving a successful lighting system. We use professional light planning software to make precise calculations to suit your needs. Whether you need lights for daylight extension, photoperiodic flower forcing, vegetable production or propagation, our experienced professionals will use factors specific to your crop, your greenhouse and your electrical system to make an accurate light plan. Light plans are designed with installation costs in-mind which is often overlooked. We will make sure you have all the parts you need for a successful, stress-free installation.
To create a light plan we will ask for the following information:
- Crop type
- Maximum crop height and spacing
- Crop cycle time
- Desired light level (lux, fc, PAR, umol / PPFD)
- Growing area (Greenhouse bay, bench/table size, floor area)
- Mounting height for luminaire above crop
- Location of heating, shade, irrigation, pathway or anything else if any.
- Type of environmental control used
- Will you need a dimmable light?
- Is this a new installation or an upgrade?
- Available voltage